Saturday, December 31, 2011

Resolution Suggestion

Today is New Year's Eve.  We don't usually go crazy with the partying or with the resolutions, it's usually just a quiet night at home.  

I prayed with each kiddo before they went to sleep, promising to work on a few parenting issues with each.

I said, "Dear Jesus, this year, help me be a better Mommy to Daniel.  Help me be less distracted and more focused on him."

And then I heard a loud whisper:  "And no more bootie swats."

I opened my eyes to see Daniel squinting at me (as he often does during prayer!) and he repeated himself: "And No More Bootie Swats."

Trying not to laugh, I said, "That's what you think I should work on?"

He said, "Yes.  And no more time outs."  And he resumed his bowed head, eyes closed position.

There we go, I guess.  Always good to get firsthand input.

No comments: